Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Grand Final 2006

Gents

This may seem a bit early to be talking about this, considering the misery for some of us hasn't even started yet, but what are some thoughts about this years grand final.

I think we would all agree that last years road/air trip was a stunning success, thanks largely to the great organisation and hospitality of Erv as well as Kate.
Personally, I had a great time.

I'm not sure what others think but why couldn't we do that each year or even every second year. We could look at other venues to see whats available. Rohan and Ted may even offer up a weekend down the Great Ocean Road. Now that the Hunter is Erv's main place of residence, it may make it hard to take it over for the weekend. We will be guided by Erv on that matter.

The women certainly have their fair share of dinners and outings so we need to get off our bums and lock in something like this early.

Please post your thoughts on this subject using the comment button at the end of this post. Hopefully everyone gets to see this posting.

8 Comments:

At 7:01 pm, Blogger goaty said...

Sounds good Erv,as long as it doesn't put Kate and Scarlet out on the streets. Maybe a direct flight to Newcastle could be the go, as long as there is a Crispy Cream in Newcastle. We could probably save some for any toll bribes we have to pay. However, I don't think that teh flights would come as cheap as Melb - Sydney.

 
At 11:46 pm, Blogger Wes said...

I'm not sure you can fly direct into Newcastle from Melbourne. I have a feeling we have to go via Sydney from BrizVegas. Guess you'd have to check.
No baby this year, and Anth just read this post, so it should be ok. She's not so sure the other women are gonna appreciate being told they have dinners all the time though Goaty!

 
At 6:23 pm, Blogger goaty said...

This is starting to sound like a plan. Dave, I wouldn't imagine that there would be many cheap flights into Newcastle. Why would anyone want to go there anyway.

What, all they have there are earthquakes and coal mines!!

It would make the drive to the Hunter a bit shorter, but then again, that was part of the adventure as well. Anyway, it's a good chance to grill someone about their personal life.

Who will it be this year.

Will have to check out the ticket prices into Newcastle, but if Wiz is going to fly into Sydney, some of us probably should fly into there to drive up together. And maybe a quick stop on the way out of the airport.

 
At 11:20 pm, Blogger Wes said...

The service from Briz is CrapStar rather than Qantas. Dunno what the Virgin's have got. Callum is screaming on my lap and won't go to sleep.
I'm tired.

 
At 5:11 pm, Blogger Bruce said...

Hi guys, sounds like you blokes have been busy blogging!!
GF in the Hunter sounds great. Throw in the pies and I'm locked in.

Probably easier to fly into Sydney and then drive. It wasn't too far, and with stocked eskies the trip goes reasonably quick (for the non drivers!)

 
At 11:54 am, Blogger goaty said...

Good on you age, I myself have not had a donut all year.

The CSIRO diet has managed to whittle 11.5 kg off me so far in 8 weeks. I'm now down to 90.5 kg. 0.5 kg to go to target weight. I even had to take my pants to the tailors yesterday and have them taken in.

By September , i should be right to go a half dozen of Crispy Creams myself. We should definately fly into Sydney again, the road trip is part of the adventure. There would probably be more flight options as well.

Still waiting to hear from Ted, Rohan and Bretty. (anything from Bretty)

 
At 12:32 am, Blogger Wes said...

Goata, you're an absolute legend. I eye'd off the Krispy Kremes tonight at Sydney airport, but even the lardarse that I am couldn't go a whole box. Sounds like the CSIRO diet is the way to go!

 
At 5:05 pm, Blogger goaty said...

It would have to take more than Crispy Cream to get me to go to Dandenong!!!! (the only otlet at the moment i believe)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home