Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Footy Wrap Up, Week One

Well, I gotta say, I'm happy. I sat, listening to 3AW over the Net, with baby Callum asleep on my lap, wanting to jump up and go "Da Da Da Da Da" with Rexy, but unable to. Dave and Tink know what I would have been thinking. First time in several seasons, we won in the first round. Is it too early to say, "The Bluey's are Back?" (I was saying it last year after the pre-season, and look where it got us...)

In my recollections, the happiest of us has to be Age-ah. Go Kanga's. Highest position of the Strathmore Boys supporters on the ladder. Then I was tossing up whether it would be Brucey next, given that he's now defacto Adelaide, and he has the added bonus of the Bomber's big win following up behind it. Next we'd have Nais, Bretty, Ro, Detto and Erv on the Bomber's bandwagon. Erv would have to be a little sad over beating Sydney, but you can't have it all. Me, Tinks and Big Dave as mentioned previously are ecstatic for our win, which really only leave's Goaty to lament yet another year of potential misery with the Colly-Wobbles. Still, away, in Adelaide, it would have been a big ask, much like the Saints at West Coast.

Now, you've also gotta be happy when the biggest win of the week goes to the good ol' Scraggers. Go Doggies! Interesting season ahead.

Go Blues, Whiz.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 am, Blogger goaty said...

Only trouble is Wiz, the game was played at the Telstra Dome in Melbourne. Losing a few of our key backmen, already September is looking bleak. I will have to now go to my fall back position of hoping we finish ahead of Essendon and Carlton.

 
At 10:11 pm, Blogger Wes said...

Age, we're getting into it up here. We're meant to be going to see the Brisbane v Bombers game at the Gabba on Saturday night. Should be a good game I hope, and maybe Brisbane will fire up here.

I don't really know what I'm doing for the dream team, but I'm glad I picked a few Bully's in the side!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home